The following reset steps can be performed to correct issues of the sensor not connecting to the display. Symptoms of the sensor not connecting to the display could include:
- No outdoor temperature (showing dashes).
- Outdoor temperature does not change.
- No wind speed.
- Inaccurate wind speed.
- The outdoor temperature is -40 degrees.
- The outdoor humidity reads 1%.
You would want to ensure the following first:
- Verify that the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display and sensor are set to the same letter. You may choose A, B, or C; but both units must match to sync up.
- Relocate the display unit and/or the AcuRite Notos™ (3-in-1) sensor. Under optimal conditions, the units can be located up to 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Units should be placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in the sensor when the temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). We do not recommend using heavy-duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take approximately 5 minutes for the display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
- Bring both the sensor and display unit together and power down by removing all batteries from each and/or removing the power cord.
- Change the A-B-C switch on both units to a new, matching channel then press and hold the reset button on the display for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
- Reinstall batteries and/or power cord into the display unit then immediately press and hold the reset button again for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Let the units sit within a couple of feet of each other for approximately 5 minutes or until you see a solid sensor signal.
If you still experience the issue, move forward with the following applicable troubleshooting below: