If your AcuRite Notos® (3-in-1) Display unit or My AcuRite® account is showing inaccurate wind speed readings, please review the suggestions below. These steps can also be used if your AcuRite Notos® (3-in-1) sensor is reporting no wind speed readings at all.
If the wind readings are inaccurate:
- What is wind reading being compared to? Pro weather stations are typically mounted at 33-feet or higher. Make sure to compare data using a sensor positioned at the same mounting height.
- Check the location of the sensor. Ensure it’s mounted a minimum of 5-feet in the air with no obstructions around it (within several feet). The National Weather Service recommends mounting the sensor 33 feet above the ground with no obstructions within 100 feet for the most accurate wind speeds. We understand not all of our customers can mount this high. You will receive an accurate reading for the location your sensor is mounted including all surroundings. If you are comparing to a local news station, they are following the National Weather Service guidelines.
Ensure wind cups are spinning freely. If they hesitate or stop, try lubricating with graphite powder or spray lubricant.
- Remove the wind cups if you can, and apply the lubricant of choice directly to the spindle underneath the wind cups.
- Tip the AcuRite Notos® (3-in-1) Sensor upside down (so wind cups are on the bottom), then right side up several times.
- Reinstall the wind cups if removed.
If the AcuRite Notos® (3-in-1) sensor is not reporting any wind speed, please perform the hard reset linked below.