The following reset steps can be performed to correct issues of the sensor not connecting to the display. Symptoms of the sensor not connecting to the display could include:
- No outdoor temperature (showing dashes).
- Outdoor temperature does not change.
- No rainfall measurement.
- Inaccurate rainfall measurement.
- No wind speed.
- Inaccurate wind speed.
- The outdoor temperature is -40 degrees.
- The outdoor humidity reads 1%.
You would want to ensure the following first:
- Verify that the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display and sensor are set to the same letter. You may choose A, B, or C; but both units must match to sync up.
- Relocate the display unit and/or the AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) sensor. Under optimal conditions, the units can be located up to 330 ft (100 m) from each other.
- Units should be placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Ensure that you are using recommended batteries:
- Verify you are using fresh batteries in the sensor. Lithium batteries are recommended for installation locations where temperatures can go below -4°F/-20°C.
- Verify you are using batteries with a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts.
NOTE: Some rechargeable batteries carry low or inconsistent voltages that may not properly power the device.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
- Bring both the sensor and display unit together and remove batteries from the outdoor sensor. Make sure that the Wireless Reception Indicator on the display drops to zero bars to ensure that your display was connected to the correct sensor. (If your wireless reception indicator already indicates zero bars, please proceed to Step #2.)
NOTE: If your display unit continues to show a strong connection, there is another sensor in your area that your display is connecting to (either a neighbor's or from another of your AcuRite units). If you have multiple sensors, make sure to use a different ABC channel on each.
- Remove the batteries and/or power adapter from the display unit.
- Change the A-B-C switch on both units to a new, matching channel then press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
- Reinstall batteries and/or power cord into the display unit then immediately press and hold the reset button again for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Let the units sit within a couple of feet of each other for approximately 5 minutes or until you see a solid sensor signal.
NOTE: If your display unit is compatible with multiple sensors (such as model #06046M or #06056M), you may not see data from the Iris® (5-in-1) sensor until the display finishes searching for other sensors on each ABC channel. This process can take several minutes.
If you have trouble connecting other sensors to these displays, please see the link below:
Additional Sensors Not Connecting to AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) Display
If you are using a High Definition display unit such as model #06058M, #06088M, or #06102M, please use the following reset linked below:
If you still experience the issue, move forward with the following applicable troubleshooting steps: