If your Humidity Monitor is reading inaccurately or showing partial digits, please review the suggestions below.
You will want to ensure the following first:
- Quality brand batteries are recommended, including Duracell Coppertops (Black and copper), Rayovac, Energizer, or Kirkland.
- Verify batteries are fresh. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out. Batteries can lose 3% power or more every year in storage.
- Heavy-duty, extra strength, or generic/store brand batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the way these types of batteries disperse power. Each battery should not exceed 1.6 volts.
- Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the voltage instability of these types of batteries.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
Once you have verified that you are using recommended batteries, please remove the batteries for a full two minutes to allow the unit to power down completely before replacing batteries. Please allow at least 20 minutes for the unit to adjust to its surroundings before comparing readings.
If the Home Comfort Icon / Humidity Level Icon is inaccurate, please review the following link: