The following reset can be performed to correct issues of the sensor not connecting to a High Definition display, such as Model #06058M, #06088M, or #06102M. Symptoms of the sensor not connecting to the display could include:
- No outdoor temperature (showing dashes).
- Outdoor temperature does not change.
- No rainfall measurement.
- Inaccurate rainfall measurement.
- No wind speed.
- Inaccurate wind speed.
- An outdoor temperature reading of -40 degrees.
You would want to ensure the following first:
- Relocate the display unit and/or the AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) sensor. Under optimal conditions, the units can be located up to 330 ft (100 m) from each other.
- Units should be placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Ensure that you are using recommended batteries:
- Verify you are using fresh batteries in the sensor. Lithium batteries are recommended for installation locations where temperatures can go below -4°F/-20°C.
- Verify you are using batteries with a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts.
NOTE: Some rechargeable batteries carry low or inconsistent voltages that may not properly power the device.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
- Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors and position them side by side.
- Remove the batteries from the sensor. Switch the A-B-C channel within the battery compartment of the sensor to a new channel.
- Go into the display menu by pressing the gear button on the front of the display. Using the up or down arrow navigate to "Sensor".
- Press the check mark button when the sensor is highlighted on the menu.
- Navigate to "Remove a Sensor". Press the check mark button again and it will show you the AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) sensor and/or lightning detector that is connected to that display. (If the screen does not change/the remove a sensor button does not work, skip down to step 8).
- Press the check mark button to remove. It will give you a prompt asking if you want to remove this monitor. Press the up or down arrow to select YES.
- Press the check mark button twice to confirm removing the sensor from the display.
- The display will revert back to the previous screen. Press the gear button again to go back to the main menu.
- Use the up or down arrow to highlight "Factory Reset". Press the check mark button to select this option. You will receive a prompt asking if you want to reset to factory settings.
- Using the up or down arrow, select YES.
- Press the check mark button twice to complete the factory reset. The display will reset itself and go to the main AcuRite logo screen.
- You will now be able to set up the display by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once that is completed, put the batteries back into the sensor.
- Go to the main menu by pressing the gear button.
- Using the up or down arrow navigate to "Sensor" and press the check mark button to go into this screen.
- Navigate to "Add a Sensor" and press the check mark button to acknowledge.
- The display will look for your sensor and show a picture of it when it is found asking if you would like to add it. Ensure that the designation in the description matches the channel that you set your sensor on. Use the "UP" or "DOWN" arrow buttons to view other sensors that the display discovered and ensure to select the correct one. Press the check mark button to add the sensor. The screen will immediately revert to the previous menu screen.
- Press the gear button twice to go back to the main screen.
- Let both sensor and display sit side by side to establish a connection. (Leaving the devices side by side for 30 minutes will allow you to verify accuracy by comparing the indoor and outdoor readings shown on the display.)
- After a connection has been established, the sensor can be placed outdoors.
If you still experience the issue, move forward with the following applicable troubleshooting:
AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) No Rainfall
AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) Inaccurate Rainfall
AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) Inaccurate Wind Readings
AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) Temperature Reading Too High
AcuRite Iris® (5-in-1) Inaccurate Temperature or Humidity