If your AcuRite Iris™ (5-in-1) Display unit or My AcuRite® account is showing the incorrect or inaccurate outdoor temperature or outdoor humidity readings from your AcuRite Iris™ (5-in-1) Weather Station, please review the troubleshooting suggestions below.
These steps may also be performed if you are seeing the following error codes:
- -40 degrees
- 158 degrees
- 1% humidity
- 99% humidity
If the temperature or humidity is inaccurate, please confirm the following:
- Make sure both the display unit and AcuRite Iris™ (5-in-1) sensor are placed away from any heat sources or vents.
- Make sure both the display unit and AcuRite Iris™ (5-in-1) sensor are positioned away from moisture sources.
- Make sure the AcuRite Iris™ (5-in-1) sensor is mounted at least 5 feet off of the ground.
- Confirm the display is showing 4 full bars of signal strength.
A -40°/158° outdoor temperature reading or a 1%/99% outdoor humidity reading is an error code reported from the outdoor sensor and is typically caused by corrosion. Please follow the steps below to correct.
- Open your AcuRite Iris™ (5-in-1) outdoor sensor by removing the (4) four screws from the bottom. The screws toward the center of the sensor are for Rain Gauge calibration only. Do not adjust these screws.
- After your sensor has been opened, remove any insects, cobwebs, or debris. An old toothbrush can help to clean out the hard-to-reach places.
- Use a damp cloth to clean off the rain gauge tipping buckets. Note: The damp cloth should only be used to clean the tipping buckets. Do not use to clean any other internal components.
- Once separated, open the black cover in the bottom half, locate the black/red wires that are connected to a skinny green or black board-this is the temperature and humidity board.
- Remove this board from the slot and check for any damage or corrosion. Corrosion can cause a -40°/158° outdoor temperature reading and/or 1%/99% outdoor humidity reading.
If no damage or corrosion is found, reassemble the sensor and perform the hard reset linked below:
If you are using a High Definition display unit such as model #06058M or #06088M, please use the following reset linked below:
If the outdoor data remains at a -40°/158° for the outdoor temperature reading or 1%/99% for the outdoor humidity, a replacement Temperature and Humidity Board Model 11197 is suggested. Confirm your sensor's compatibility by reviewing The Compatibility Article.