If your display unit has the Direct to Wi-Fi capability to stream its data to both My AcuRite and Weather Underground, the following procedure can be used to set up this connection. These steps are designed for use with AcuRite Iris™ display model #06100M (Bundle #01544M) and AcuRite Atlas™ display model #06099M (Bundle #01001M). Please follow the steps carefully as the order is crucial to the success of the Wi-Fi setup.
Before you begin:
- Pair the sensor and the display per the manual's instruction. Confirm the display is maintaining 4 bars of signal strength and is receiving current data.
- Make sure that the display unit is plugged in with the included power adapter. This feature is not available when only using backup batteries.
- If applicable, please make sure that you have backup batteries installed.
- Find a suitable place to mount the outdoor sensor. Once the sensor is mounted, remove the rain gauge stabilizer from the sensor.
- Make sure DHCP is enabled on your router. Most routers have DHCP enabled by default.
- Ensure your router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz network. The weather station display is equipped with a Wi-Fi module that only supports 2.4 GHz wireless networks.
- Have your Wi-Fi network's SSID (name) and Password ready. These are case sensitive.
- Lastly, open an internet browser and type 192.168.4.1 in the URL - DO NOT PRESS ENTER
To connect your display to your Wi-Fi:
- From a computer, (you can use a smartphone or tablet but this works best from a laptop or desktop computer), open the network tab and click on the AcuRite™ Wi-Fi Display Model Number.
NOTE: If you do not see the display model under your network tab, please press the gear button on the AcuRite Iris™ display or go to Connections in the Main Menu of the AcuRite Atlas™ display and select Wi-Fi Setup. These actions reactivate the Wi-Fi feature of the displays for an additional 30 minutes and allow the display to appear on the network to re-connect.
- Click the box to connect automatically. Press the connect button for the network that includes the Display Model Number.
NOTE: This will disconnect your computer/device from your internet and the display's network may also say No Internet.
- After 20 seconds, go back to that prepared browser that has 192.168.4.1 typed in the URL and press enter.
- Once the AcuRite™ Wi-Fi display settings website (splash page) is open, select your Wi-Fi network's SSID from the dropdown (if you have a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz, be sure to select the 2.4 GHz), enter your Password, Station ID, and Station Key, then click save. Your device will automatically reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
NOTE: If you are unable to open the AcuRite™ Wi-Fi display settings website after connecting to the display, disconnect from the display under the network tab, open a different internet browser, enter The IP address 192.168.4.1 into the URL but DO NOT PRESS ENTER. Connect to the display under the network tab and wait 20 seconds before clicking enter on the internet browser with the IP address entered.
NOTE: If you receive an error stating that "This site can't be reached", please make sure that you are still connected to the AcuRite network and not your home Wi-Fi network. If your device automatically reconnected to your home Wi-Fi network before you were able to reach the AcuRite™ Wi-Fi display settings website, please have your device forget your home Wi-Fi network so that it will stay connected to the AcuRite network.
- Your Direct to Wi-Fi Display unit is now connected to your Wi-Fi network! Download the My AcuRite™ mobile app or visit www.myacurite.com to complete the setup.
The following link will walk you through adding the Device ID to your My AcuRite™ account:
Add a Connection Device to My AcuRite™
Click below to watch the tutorial video for the AcuRite Iris™ display model #06100M (Bundle #01544M):
To access the internal splash page to make any changes to the network credentials, press and release the gear button on the front of the AcuRite Iris™ display or go to Connections in the Main Menu of the AcuRite Atlas™ display and select Wi-Fi Setup. This will reactivate the Wi-Fi feature for an additional 30 minutes and allow the display to appear on the network to re-connect.