If your display unit has the Direct to Wi-Fi capability to stream its data to both My AcuRite® and Weather Underground, the following procedure can be used to set up this connection. These steps are designed for use with Direct to Wi-Fi displays. Please follow the steps carefully as the order is crucial to the success of the Wi-Fi setup.
NOTE: The following steps are intended for use if you have one of the display units in this link:
Direct to Wi-Fi Display Units Compatible with both My AcuRite® and Weather Underground
Before you begin:
- Pair the sensor and the display per the manual's instructions. Confirm the display is maintaining 4 bars of signal strength and is receiving current data.
- Make sure that the display unit is plugged in with the included power adapter. This feature is not available when only using backup batteries.
- If applicable, please make sure that you have backup batteries installed and the antenna in the upright position.
- Find a suitable place to mount the outdoor sensor. Once the sensor is mounted, remove the rain gauge stabilizer from the sensor.
- Make sure DHCP is enabled on your router. Most routers have DHCP enabled by default.
- Ensure your router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz network. The weather station display is equipped with a Wi-Fi module that only supports 2.4 GHz wireless networks.
- These products support the following security protocols on a 2.4 GHz network: WPA-TKIP, WPA2-AES-PassPhrase, WPA2-AES-PSK, Combo-WPA-TKIP, and Validation-OPEN. If neither of these options are available, look for one that says something like WPA Personal.
- Have your Wi-Fi network's SSID (name) and Password ready. These are case-sensitive.
To connect your display to your Wi-Fi:
- From a smartphone (recommended), tablet, or Wi-Fi-enabled computer, open an internet browser and type 192.168.4.1 in the URL - DO NOT PRESS ENTER
NOTE: Please make sure that you are near your AcuRite display unit for the strongest connection during the following steps.
- Open the network tab and click on the AcuRite Wi-Fi Display Model Number.
NOTE: The network tab is located in the bottom right corner of your computer screen on the taskbar, as shown below. If using a smartphone or tablet, you will need to access the Wi-Fi settings to view the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
NOTE: If you do not see the display model under your network tab, please press the gear button on the AcuRite Iris® display or go to Connections in the Main Menu of the AcuRite Atlas® display and select Wi-Fi Setup. These actions reactivate the Wi-Fi feature of the displays for an additional 30 minutes and allow the display to appear on the network to re-connect.
- Press the connect button for the network that includes the Display Model Number.
NOTE: This will disconnect your computer/device from your internet and the display's network may also say No Internet, as shown below.
- After 20 seconds, go back to that prepared browser that has 192.168.4.1 typed in the URL and press enter.
- Once the AcuRite Wi-Fi display settings website (internal page) is open, select your Wi-Fi network's SSID from the dropdown (if you have a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz, be sure to select the 2.4 GHz), enter your Password, Station ID, and Station Key, then click save. Your device will automatically reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
NOTE: If you are unable to open the AcuRite Wi-Fi display settings website after connecting to the display, disconnect from the display under the network tab, open a different internet browser, enter The IP address 192.168.4.1 into the URL but DO NOT PRESS ENTER. Connect to the display under the network tab and wait 20 seconds before clicking enter on the internet browser with the IP address entered.
NOTE: If you receive an error stating that "This site can't be reached" before the AcuRite Wi-Fi display settings website (internal page) is open, please make sure that you are still connected to the AcuRite display's Wi-Fi and not your home Wi-Fi network. If your device automatically reconnected to your home Wi-Fi network before you were able to reach the AcuRite Wi-Fi display settings website, please have your device forget your home Wi-Fi network so that it will stay connected to the AcuRite display's Wi-Fi.
NOTE: After entering your credentials and clicking Save, the site will move to a page that says "Please wait while we update your settings." If you receive an error stating that "This site can't be reached" while waiting for your settings to be updated, please proceed to Step #6. This is an error that occurs while the display is downloading the latest firmware update causing the page to timeout. Your display still connects properly to your Wi-Fi network, allowing you to proceed with setup.
- Your Direct to Wi-Fi Display unit is now connected to your Wi-Fi network!
First, reconnect your device back to your home Wi-Fi network if you are still connected to the display's Wi-Fi. Often times your device will automatically reconnect to your home Wi-Fi after completing the setup.
Then download the My AcuRite® mobile app or visit www.myacurite.com to complete the setup.
The following link will walk you through adding the Device ID to your My AcuRite® account:
Add a Connection Device to My AcuRite®
NOTE: If you receive an error when adding your Device ID to My AcuRite or your sensor does not come online more than 20 minutes after being added, please perform a Factory Reset of your display unit and try the above steps again.
*If your display does not have a Menu with a Factory Reset option, please press and hold the reset button in the battery compartment for 20 seconds to reset the display.
Click below to watch the tutorial video for the AcuRite Iris® display model #06100M (Bundle #01544M):
To access the internal page to make any changes to the network credentials, press and release the gear button on the front of the AcuRite Iris® display or go to Connections in the Main Menu of the AcuRite Atlas® display and select Wi-Fi Setup. This will reactivate the Wi-Fi feature for an additional 30 minutes and allow the display to appear on the network to re-connect.
NOTE: Troubleshooting on Model #06099M Atlas Direct to WiFi Display
If you see “Wi-Fi NOT SETUP” by the Wi-Fi signal indicator, this means the router has not been set up or the setup was not successful. Please perform the steps above again.
A red “x” below the Wi-Fi signal indicator means the Wi-Fi signal has disconnected but is already set up. Ensure that the sensor is still connected to the display and that other electronics between the display and router are not causing interference.