If your AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) High Definition Display or My AcuRite™ account is showing the incorrect or inaccurate outdoor temperature or outdoor humidity readings from your AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) Weather Station, please review the troubleshooting suggestions below.
These steps may also be performed if you are seeing the following error codes:
- -40 degrees
- 158 degrees
- 1% humidity
- 99% humidity
You would want to ensure the following first:
- Please verify that the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) sensor is located away from sources of heat and moisture. Nearby bodies of water may have an effect on the accuracy of the humidity readings.
- Make sure that the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) sensor is mounted at least 5 feet off of the ground or any other surface that may radiate heat. Roofing materials such as shingles or metals can radiate heat and affect the temperature readings of the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) sensor.
- The National Weather Service recommends mounting the sensor 33 feet above the ground with no obstructions within 100 feet for the most accurate readings. We understand not all of our customers can mount this high. You should receive an accurate reading for where it is mounted. If you are comparing to a local news station, they typically follow the National Weather Service guidelines.
- Ensure that your display unit has connected to the correct sensor. If a neighbor also has a compatible sensor within range of the display, it may have connected to their's instead. Please make sure that the channel designation that you have physically set your AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) sensor to matches the sensor that the display unit has connected to. You may need to change the channel designation that you are using by performing the hard reset below when pairing to the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) display.
If readings are inaccurate or an error code is displayed:
- Please remove the batteries from the outdoor sensor.
- On the bottom of the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) sensor, there is a vent cover that is held in place by 2 tabs. Remove the vent. Under the vent, there is a cylinder that is clipped in with 2 tabs. This is the temperature and humidity sensor. Remove the temperature and humidity sensor to expose the fan.
- Unplug the white cable connector and wait 20 seconds then plug the temperature and humidity sensor back in. This will reset the temperature and humidity readings.
- Install the temperature and humidity board over the fan assembly, confirm the tabs do not block the fan from spinning.
- Reinstall the batteries in the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) sensor. Confirm the red light near the battery compartment door flashes every 10 seconds.
If you are pairing to the AcuRite Access™ Model 09155M, allow 5-10 minutes for the dashboard to update. (How do I Check the Last Time the Sensor Updated?)
If you are using the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) display unit, you may need to perform the hard reset below.
Please follow the steps carefully as the order is crucial to the success of the reset. This will clear all historical data.
If the outdoor data remains at a -40°/158° for the outdoor temperature reading or 1%/99% for the outdoor humidity, a replacement Temperature and Humidity Board Model 06097 is suggested.