If the Lightning Detector for AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) Weather Station model 06075M was purchased as an accessory and you experience excessive or an incorrect count of lightning strikes on your AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) High Definition display or My AcuRite™ account, please review the suggestions below. These steps can also be used if your AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) Weather Station is experiencing false lightning strikes, interference, or the "Cannot Detect Lightning" error is displayed.
Confirm there are no other sources that can mimic lightning strikes.
This sensor features advanced technology to distinguish between lightning strikes and interference, however, in rare cases, the sensor may "false detect" lightning activity due to interference. In these situations, verify there is no lightning in the area and identify and relocate the source of interference or relocate the sensor.
Some sources of interference can include:
- Electric motors (windshield wiper motor or fan motors in cars, hard drive and optical drive motors on your PC and AV equipment, well pumps, sump pumps, etc.)
- CRT monitors (PC monitors, TV's)
- Fluorescent light fixtures (turned off or on)
- Microwave ovens (while in use)
- PC's and mobile phones
To learn more about how the lightning detector works, review the following article:
- Remove batteries from the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) sensor or unplug battery pack or power adapter.
- Unplug the lightning detector from the sensor for at least 10 seconds.
- Plug the lightning detector into the sensor. Align the sensor notch with the module slot.
- Confirm the lightning detector's clips click into place.
- Install batteries into the sensor or plug the power source into the sensor.
If you are pairing to the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) Display Model 06061M, review sensor data on the AcuRite Atlas™ (7-in-1) display to confirm the lightning detector is recognized and set to the same designation as your sensor. To view sensor data, enter the menu and select "Sensor" then select "Sensor Information".
If you are pairing to the AcuRite Access™ Model 09155M, confirm the lightning data is showing on the dashboard.