If the pool and spa thermometer Model #00617 is showing HH, an inaccurate temperature reading, or dashed lines, please confirm you are using recommended batteries and perform a hard reset.
You will want to ensure the following first:
- Verify you are using fresh batteries in the sensor. Lithium batteries are recommended for installation locations where temperatures can go below -4°F/-20°C.
- Verify you are using batteries with a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts.
NOTE: Some rechargeable batteries carry low or inconsistent voltages that may not properly power the device.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors and remove all batteries from each.
Make sure the A-B-C switch on both units matches. Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
Reinstall the batteries in the display unit.
Let the units sit within a couple of feet of each other for about 20 minutes to gain a strong connection.
If the wireless signal indicator shows no bars:
• Relocate the display unit and/or the outdoor sensor. The units must be within 100 feet (30 meters) of each other.
• Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).