3 Features Built into 1 Sensor
Temperature, Humidity & Wind Speed
Unlike regional weather predictions from sources like the news or online, AcuRite forecasting products rely on sensors that collect organic data right from your backyard. AcuRite's sensor-based weather stations track specific sets of weather-related variables, like changes in temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure to generate a forecast with pinpoint accuracy.
The AcuRite 3-in-1 sensor is designed to be easy to install and use, without compromising any of the professional weather tracking features you want.
Step-by-Step Installation Directions
- Press the release lever and pull off sensor bottom for battery access.
- Remove the battery cover and locate the A-B-C switch inside the battery compartment. Set the A-B-C switch to A, B or C. Be sure to choose the same channel that the A-B-C switch on the display is set to.
- Insert 4 AA batteries into the sensor, following the polarity (+/-) diagram in the battery compartment. DO NOT use heavy duty or rechargeable batteries. View the battery guidelines below. Close the battery compartment cover.
- Secure your mounting pole into the ground or fasten the mounting base to a post or pole using the 4 longer screws included in the hardware bag.
- Place the sensor on top of the mounting pole or mounting base. Install at least 5 feet off the ground for more accurate wind measurement.
- Secure the sensor onto the mounting pole or mounting bracket using screws and a screwdriver.
- Ensure the sensor is level. We recommend using a bubble level (not included). Your 3-in-1 Sensor is now ready to use!
After installing batteries into the 3-in-1 sensor, you must choose a location to install the sensor. Choose an open location with no obstructions around the sensor for accurate wind measurement. To ensure that your Professional Weather Station performs at its best, follow these guidelines:
MAXIMIZE WIRELESS RANGE
Place units away from large metallic items, thick walls, metal surfaces, or other objects that may limit wireless communication.
PREVENT WIRELESS INTERFERENCE
Place both units at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronic devices (laptop, TV, computer, microwave, radio, etc.).
LOCATE AWAY FROM HEAT SOURCES
Position sensor away from heaters, air conditioners, chimneys, exhaust vents, asphalt and concrete (surfaces that radiate heat).
LOCATE AWAY FROM HUMIDITY SOURCES
Avoid installing the sensor near pools, spas, or other bodies of water. Water sources may impact humidity accuracy.
LOCATE AWAY FROM SPRINKLER HEADS
DO NOT install the sensor where it will be sprayed by a sprinkler system. This may force water inside the sensor.
LOCATE AWAY FROM WIND OBSTRUCTIONS
DO NOT mount the sensor with obstructions around it. Consider a location that is a wide-open area, with few structures around to ensure accurate wind measurement.
- Use lithium batteries in the sensor when temperatures can reach below -4ºF (-20ºC). When inserting batteries, follow the polarity (+/-) diagram in the battery compartment. Only batteries of the same or equivalent type as recommended are to be used. It may take up to 20 minutes for the main unit to re-synchronize with the sensor when batteries are replaced.
- DO NOT mix old and new batteries or types of batteries (alkaline/lithium). DO NOT use rechargeable batteries. DO NOT use heavy duty batteries (gold, max, super, ultra, etc.). DO NOT short-circuit the supply terminals.
- NOTE: The sensor features an integrated solar cell for collecting sunlight and converting it into usable power, however, this feature is intended to EXTEND the life of the batteries you install. The sensor REQUIRES batteries to operate, and will not function on solar power alone. BATTERIES MUST BE INSTALLED FOR THE SENSOR TO OPERATE.
3-in-1 Sensor Maintenance
HOW TO CLEAN THE SENSOR HOUSING
Clean the housing of the sensor with a damp cloth. Do not use caustic cleaners or abrasives.
Insects may cause obstructions and interrupt data by nesting in or on the 3-in-1 sensor. To limit this problem, spray the sensor with a household insect repellent. Consult the insect repellent instructions prior to use.
SNOW & FREEZING WEATHER
The 3-in-1 sensor will not be damaged by freezing conditions.
Remove foreign matter from the outside of the sensor for free movement of the wind anemometer. If needed, use a small amount of spray lubricant, clear silicone or graphite powder on the anemometer for improved movement.
Clean the battery contacts located under the battery door on the bottom of the sensor. Remove batteries from equipment which is not to be used for an extended period of time. Follow the polarity (+/-) diagram in the battery compartment. Promptly remove dead batteries from the device. Dispose of used batteries properly. Only batteries of the same or equivalent type as recommended are to be used. DO NOT mix old and new batteries or types of batteries (alkaline/lithium). DO NOT use rechargeable batteries. DO NOT recharge non-rechargeable batteries. DO NOT short-circuit the supply terminals. Use lithium batteries in the sensor when the temperature is below -4ºF (-20ºC).