When the detector cannot detect lightning due to interference from nearby equipment, the sensor's interference indicator will flash.
- If the detector is experiencing interference, relocate the sensor.
- Make sure the sensor is placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may cause interference.
Some sources of interference can include:
- Electric motors (windshield wiper motor or fan motors in cars, hard drive and optical drive motors on your PC and AV equipment, well pumps, sump pumps, etc.)
- CRT monitors (PC monitors, TV's)
- Fluorescent light fixtures (turned off or on)
- Microwave ovens (while in use)
- PC's and mobile phones