If the outdoor temperature is showing dashes or not changing the units may have lost connection or are experiencing interference.
- Verify that the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display and sensor are set to the same letter. You may choose A, B, or C; but both units must match to sync up.
- Relocate the display unit and/or the outdoor sensor. Under optimal conditions, the units can be located up to 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Units should be placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in the sensor when the temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). Do not use heavy-duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take approximately 5 minutes for the display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
Synchronize the units:
- Bring both the sensor and display unit together and power down by removing all batteries from each and/or removing the power cord.
- Change A-B-C switch on both units to a new matching A-B-C channel then press and hold the reset button on the display for 20 seconds.
- Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
- Once the batteries are inserted you should see the red LED light blink approx. every 18 seconds on the front of the sensor. The red LED light should NOT stay on continuously.
- Reinstall batteries and/or power cord into the display unit then immediately press and hold the reset button again for 20 seconds.
- Let the units sit within a couple of feet of each other for approximately 5 minutes or until you see a solid sensor signal.