If a section on your multi-sensor display is not receiving a signal from the sensor, or the temperature is flashing, showing dashes, or is not updating, the unit may be experiencing wireless interference. Perform a hard reset to gain a strong connection between the units.
Important! If you have multiple sensors:
- If you are pairing more than one temperature sensor with the display, the A-B-C switch positions must differ between each sensor. Verify that each sensor has a different channel selected by checking the switch position in the battery compartment.
- Bring the sensor(s) and display unit together and remove batteries from the outdoor sensors only. Make sure that the Wireless Reception Indicators on the display drop to zero bars to ensure that your display was connected to the correct sensors.
NOTE: If your display unit continues to show a strong connection, there is another sensor in your area that your display is connecting to (either a neighbor's or from another of your AcuRite units). If you have multiple sensors, make sure to use a different ABC channel on each.
- Remove all batteries from the display then press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Wait 1 minute to ensure that any remaining battery power has been discharged from both units.
- Reinstall batteries in the outdoor sensor (or sensors) first.
- Reinstall batteries in the display last and immediately press and hold the reset button again for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Let units sit within a couple of feet of each other for a few minutes to ensure a wireless signal is received. *The display should receive the signal within several minutes.
- After a connection has been established, you may place the sensor (or sensors) in their intended locations.
*If the signal connection fails after the units are separated, try a new location for the display, the sensor, or both.