If the lightning detector is reading "Unable to detect...please relocate"
Relocate the detector:
Make sure the detector is placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may cause interference.
Some sources of interference can include:
- Electric motors (windshield wiper motor or fan motors in cars, hard drive and optical drive motors on your PC and AV equipment, well pumps, sump pumps, etc.)
- CRT monitors (PC monitors, TV's)
- Fluorescent light fixtures (turned off or on)
- Microwave ovens (while in use)
- PC's and mobile phones
Adjust detector sensitivity to interference:
- Outdoor mode is the default setting. Indoor Mode optimizes the performance of the detector for indoor use by making it less sensitive to interference.
To select indoor mode, press AND HOLD the “” and "" buttons for 2 seconds until you hear a beep. The display will say "INDOOR". When powered off, the detector will return to its default, outdoor mode.
If the detector is beeping please reference the alerts and messages below:
Audio alerts (beeps) are enabled by default each time the device is powered on. Audio alerts can be temporarily silenced for up to 60 minutes. To temporarily silence audio alerts, press and hold the “” button for 5 seconds. The device will display “MUTED”.
The device will re-activate audio alerts after 60 minutes or after audio alerts have been re-enabled. To re-enable audio alerts, press and hold the “” button for 5 seconds. The device will display “SOUND ON”.