If the backlight does not stay on, please review the applicable troubleshooting for your unit.
If the clock is battery-operated:
The clock is designed to have a momentary backlight. With most battery operated clocks, the backlight cannot stay on for extended periods of time because the light uses a lot of power from the battery. If the backlight stayed on all the time, it would drain the batteries within 2-3 weeks.
If the clock uses a power adapter and features a reset button:
Please make sure that you are using standard alkaline batteries from a high-quality brand as well as the included power adapter, then perform the following reset.
***This will clear all data on the clock.***
- Remove all power, AC adapter and batteries from the display unit.
- Press and hold down the reset button, located in the battery compartment, for 20 seconds.
- Plug back into AC power and insert recommended batteries.
- Press and hold down the reset button for an additional 20 seconds.
- Verify that the unit has powered on and once a connection has been made, attempt to set time and date.
If the clock uses a power adapter and does not feature a reset button:
Please make sure that you are using standard alkaline batteries from a high-quality brand as well as the included power adapter. Unplug the unit and remove the batteries for a full five minutes to allow the unit to power down completely before restoring power.