The following reset steps can be performed to correct issues of the sensor not connecting to the display. Symptoms of the sensor not connecting to the display could include:
- No outdoor temperature (showing dashes).
- Outdoor temperature does not change.
- The outdoor temperature is -40 degrees.
- The outdoor humidity reads 1%. (Only a symptom when using Model 00609A1TXR/00609A2TX sensor)
***First, you want to verify the model number of your outdoor sensor. The model number is located on the back of the sensor. If your model number is different, then reference the troubleshooting for your particular model.
You would want to ensure the following first:
- Relocate the display unit and/or the sensor. Under optimal conditions, the units can be located up to 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Units should be placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in the sensor when the temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). We do not recommend using heavy-duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take approximately 5 minutes for the display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
- Bring both the sensor and display unit together and power down by removing all batteries from each and unplugging the display if applicable.
- Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
- Once the batteries are inserted you should see the red LED light blink approx. every 30 seconds on the front of the sensor. The red LED light should NOT stay on continuously.
- Reinstall batteries and/or power cord into the display unit.
- Let the units sit within a couple of feet of each other for approximately 5 minutes or until you see a solid sensor signal
If the outdoor temperature/humidity turns to dash lines or is still displaying an error code after performing the reset with recommended batteries, a replacement sensor is recommended.