The following reset steps can be performed to correct issues of the sensor not connecting to the display. Symptoms of the sensor not connecting to the display could include:
- No outdoor temperature (showing dashes).
- Outdoor temperature does not change.
- The outdoor temperature is -40 degrees.
- The outdoor humidity reads 1%.
***First, you want to verify the model number of your outdoor sensor. The model number is located on the back of the sensor. If your model number is different, then reference the troubleshooting for your particular model.
You would want to ensure the following first:
- Verify that the A-B-C switch in the battery compartments of both the display and sensor are set to the same letter. You may choose A, B, or C; but both units must match to sync up.
- Relocate the display unit and/or the sensor. Under optimal conditions, the units can be located up to 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Units should be placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in the sensor when the temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). We do not recommend using heavy-duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take approximately 5 minutes for the display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
- Bring both the sensor and display unit together and remove batteries from the outdoor sensor. Make sure that the Wireless Reception Indicator on the display drops to zero bars to ensure that your display was connected to the correct sensor.
NOTE: If your display unit continues to show a strong connection, there is another sensor in your area that your display is connecting to (either a neighbor's or from another of your AcuRite units). If you have multiple sensors, make sure to use a different ABC channel on each.
- Remove the batteries and/or power adapter from the display unit.
- Change the A-B-C switch on both units to a new, matching ABC channel then press and hold the reset button on the display for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
- Once the batteries are inserted you should see the red LED light blink approx. every 16 seconds on the front of the sensor. The red LED light should NOT stay on continuously.
- Reinstall batteries and/or power cord into the display unit then immediately press and hold the reset button again for 20 seconds if applicable.
- Let the units sit within a couple of feet of each other for approximately 5 minutes or until you see a solid sensor signal on the indoor display.
If the outdoor temperature/humidity turns to dash lines or is still displaying an error code after performing the reset with recommended batteries, a replacement sensor is recommended. Click Here to Review the Replacement Sensor Model 00592TXR/06002M