The Brushed Stainless Steel Digital Refrigerator and Freezer Thermometer Model #00515M displays current temperature readings as well as the high and low records for the past 24 hours and features programmable alarms. If your unit is reading inaccurate temperatures or one or both of the sensors are not connecting to the display, please review the hard reset steps below. Also included are steps for clearing the high and low records and setting the programmable alarms.
If the display unit is showing dashes or the temperature readings are inaccurate, please review the suggestions below.
NOTE: Please make sure that you are using standard alkaline batteries from a high-quality brand in the display and sensors. We only recommend using lithium batteries in the sensor that will be exposed to temperatures below -4 degrees Fahrenheit/-20 degrees Celsius. Once you have verified that you are using recommended batteries, please perform the following hard reset.
Please follow the steps carefully as the order is crucial to the success of the reset.
- Bring all 3 units together, side-by-side.
- Remove all batteries from all 3 units and change to a new, matching ABC channel.
- Reinstall batteries in the thermometer display unit first.
- Reinstall batteries into sensor #1.
- Reinstall batteries into sensor #2.
- The display unit should read temperatures from both sensors almost instantly. Please allow at least 20 minutes for the units to adjust to their surroundings before comparing temperature readings.
High and Low Records:
The thermometer displays high and low temperature records for all-time and the past 24 hours (rolling). All-time records reflect the highest and lowest temperatures recorded since the batteries were inserted or the records have been cleared. High and low records for the past 24 hours are shown on the
display, by default.
Press and release the “UP” or “DOWN” arrow button to view all-time records. If no buttons are pressed for 5 seconds, the display will return to the normal operation mode.
To clear the high or low on the 00515, first select the sensor by clicking on the sensor’s blue button on the top of the display. Once the data for the selected sensor is shown, press and hold the up arrow for 5-10 seconds to clear the high record or the down arrow for 5-10 seconds to clear the low record. Once the record has been cleared, dash lines will appear.
High/low records automatically clear every 24 hours. The time records are cleared is determined by the time the unit was powered on. For example, if the unit was powered on at 6:00 pm, then high/low records reset at 6:00 pm daily.
Programmable alarms notify you audibly and visually when temperatures exceed your preset minimum / maximum temperature range. An alert is triggered when a temperature is out of range for longer than 5 minutes. This prevents false alarms due to the fridge/freezer door being held open while new items are being loaded/unloaded.
To enable alerts for both sensors, press and hold the “” button for 5 seconds until “” is shown next to the current temperatures.
To enable alerts for a select sensor, press the sensor’s blue button on the top of the display first, then press the
“” button once to enable the alarm. Disable the alarms at any time by following the same steps until “” is shown next to the current temperature. The default temperature alarm settings for the refrigerator thermometer are minimum 33ºF / maximum 40ºF. The default temperature alarm settings for the freezer thermometer are minimum -20ºF / maximum 32ºF.
To customize temperature alarms:
1. Select the sensor you want to customize by pressing the sensor’s blue button on the top of the display.
2. Press and release the “SET” button; the minimum temperature alarm setting will blink.
3. Press the “UP” or “DOWN” arrow buttons to increase or decrease the minimum temperature alarm setting.
4. Press the “SET” button to confirm the minimum temperature alarm setting.
5. Press the “UP” or “DOWN” arrow button to increase or decrease the maximum temperature alarm setting.
6. Press the “SET” button to confirm the maximum temperature alarm setting.
Once activated the alarm sounds, the temperature reading flashes, and a light next to the sensor reading is illuminated for 2 minutes.
After 2 minutes that alarm enters a Snooze mode but the Alarm icon continues to flash on the display. A "Zz" icon is displayed next to the temperature reading to indicate that it is in Snooze mode.
You can also Snooze the alarm by pressing the alarm bell icon.
After 10 minutes in the Snooze mode, the alarm begins to sound again. This continues until the temperature is reading within the set range or the alarm is disabled.
NOTE: When the thermometer is in the normal operating mode (not in alarm setup mode), the
min/max readings display the highest/lowest temperatures from the previous 24 hours.