If the pool and spa thermometer Model #00617 is showing HH, an inaccurate temperature reading, or dashed lines, please confirm you are using recommended batteries and perform a hard reset.
You will want to ensure the following first:
- Quality brand batteries are recommended, including Duracell Coppertops (Black and copper), Rayovac, Energizer, or Kirkland.
- Verify batteries are fresh. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out. Batteries can lose 3% power or more every year in storage.
- Heavy-duty, extra strength, or generic/store brand batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the way these types of batteries disperse power. Each battery should not exceed 1.6 volts.
- Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the voltage instability of these types of batteries.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors and remove all batteries from each.
Make sure the A-B-C switch on both units matches. Sometimes changing to a different channel can help.
Reinstall the batteries in the outdoor sensor.
Reinstall the batteries in the display unit.
Let the units sit within a couple of feet of each other for about 20 minutes to gain a strong connection.
If the wireless signal indicator shows no bars:
• Relocate the display unit and/or the outdoor sensor. The units must be within 100 feet (30 meters) of each other.
• Make sure both units are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
• Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in the sensor when the temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). We do not recommend using heavy-duty or rechargeable batteries. NOTE: It may take up to 20 minutes for the display unit and sensor to synchronize after batteries are replaced.