When the light located on the front of the AcuRite Access is flashing red, the AcuRite Access cannot establish a network (Internet) connection.
NOTE: When working normally, the AcuRite Access front light will remain solid blue.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is firmly connected. The cable may be defective and need to be replaced.
- Check your network router settings. Please make sure that
- DHCP is enabled on your router. Most routers have DHCP enabled by default.
- MAC Address filtering is disabled. If MAC address filtering security has been enabled, your router may be ignoring the outbound communication from the AcuRite Access. Review the network router manual or contact the manufacturer for more information.
NOTE: The AcuRite Access Device ID is its MAC address.
- Needs to have a Dynamic IP address, it will NOT work with Static IP.
- Port 80 is open.
- Priorities are turned off.
- The Ethernet port on your router may be malfunctioning. Try connecting the cable to a different port.