What Batteries Are Recommended for Use in AcuRite Products?
- Verify you are using fresh alkaline batteries or lithium batteries (when the temperature is below -4°F/-20°C) in the sensor.
- Quality brand batteries are recommended, including Duracell Coppertops (Black and copper), Rayovac, Energizer, or Kirkland.
- Verify batteries are fresh. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out. Batteries can lose 3% power or more every year in storage.
- Heavy-duty, extra strength or generic / store brand batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the way these types of batteries disperse power. Each battery should not exceed 1.6 volts.
- Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the voltage instability of these types of batteries.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
Was this article helpful?
16 out of 65 found this helpful