If you are experiencing issues with sensors not connecting to the Wireless Signal Extender for AcuRite Sensors or connecting with Poor Signal, please review the suggestions below.
NOTE: The Wireless Signal Extender for AcuRite Sensors is not compatible with the AcuRite Access or Atlas Weather Station.
Once the repeater is powered on (switches turned to ON in the battery compartment), it will begin searching for sensors transmitting the corresponding ID for 5-10 minutes. If you wish to connect a sensor after the initial 5-10 minute search, press and release the "Search" button in the battery compartment to manually search for sensors within range.
If the LED indicator on the Wireless Signal Extender does not flash:
- Relocate the repeater and/or Monitor/Sensor. The products must be within 330 ft (100 m) of each other.
- Make sure products (Repeater, display, Monitors, Sensors) are placed at least 3 feet (.9 m) away from electronics that may interfere with the wireless communication (such as TVs, microwaves, computers, etc).
- Use standard alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in Repeater, Monitors, and Sensors when the temperature is below -4ºF/-20ºC). We do not recommend using heavy-duty or rechargeable batteries.
NOTE: It may take a few minutes for repeater and sensors to synchronize after batteries are replaced.
- Power down the companion product (unplug the power adapter and remove batteries).
- Confirm that the sensor is connected to the extender. The extender's active channel ID will flash, indicating that the sensor's data is being transmitted.
- Relocate the sensor to its original location.
- Place the extender according to suggested placement.
- Power on the companion product.