If the warnings, advisories or watches are not alerting:
- Be sure your SAME/FIPS code is entered correctly.
- Be sure it is set to the channel that is recommended for your location.
- "READY" should be displayed in the upper right corner of the display to confirm the radio is receiving a signal. If "READY" is not displayed, try moving the radio around to different locations in your home, allowing up to 30 minutes in each spot to receive signal. An area near an outer wall, window, or door is best.
- In Silence Mode, the audio report and siren for advisories and for watches will NOT sound. Only WARNINGS will sound as they cannot be silenced in any way, as mandated by NOAA.
- When the display reads "AUTO ON", the audio report will play for all advisories, watches and warnings that it is programmed to respond to. Additionally, the alert message will roll on the display, and the LED will illuminate.
- Watches and advisories are not pre-programmed into the radio to sound an alert. You can program or edit alerts using the following directions:
- Access the Manual Setup menu. Press the "MENU" button on the radio.
- The display will show “(-SELECT-)". To select the Manual Setup menu, press the LEFT arrow key. Press "OK" to enter into Manual Setup.
- Press RIGHT arrow key (to skip edit FIPS code) Press RIGHT arrow key (to skip edit channel) Press RIGHT arrow key (to skip edit time/date) Press OK to Edit Alerts.