Hi Lionel,If you are not receiving a signal from the sensor, or if the temperature is flashing, showing dashes, or stuck, the unit may be experiencing wireless interference. Perform a hard reset to gain a strong connection between the units.
- Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors side by side.
- Remove batteries from the sensor.
- Remove batteries from the display unit and unplug the AC adapter (if applicable).
- Wait 1 minute to ensure any remaining battery power is discharged from both units.
- Make sure the A-B-C ID code switch on both units match.
*Sometimes changing to a different ID code can help.
- Reinstall batteries in outdoor sensor first.
- Reinstall batteries in display unit second.
- Let the units sit within a couple feet of each other for 20 minutes to ensure a wireless signal is received.
* The display should receive the signal within several minutes.
- After a connection has been established you may place the sensor outdoors.
*If the signal connection fails after the units are separated try a new or different location for the display unit, the sensor or both.
If you have any further questions feel free to reply here or call AcuRite Customer Support at 877-221-1252.