Just wanted you to know of a problem I just had with my Acurite Weather Station (06037).
First, let me tell you, I received the weather station as a Christmas gift and installed it right after Christmas and it has worked perfectly. The data is right on and I am so happy with the unit. I added your Access unit at the end of January and it is working great, too. Thanks for making this system.
On Saturday (9th), the display unit froze up. Data was still received on the MyAcurite mobile app and on the computer app.
Since data was still coming from the outside unit, I didn’t think it would be the batteries after just a few months, but we have received a lot of rain, so I thought I would change them on the outside unit. No luck, screen still frozen.
I moved the inside unit to a new location. No luck. And, then another location. No luck.
I took the outside unit down and brought it close to the inside unit. No luck. I removed a battery from each and re-installed. No luck.
I was ready to give up. I thought of one last thing. Maybe I should unplug the inside unit and then take a battery out and then put everything back again. As soon as the screen went blank, I realized that I probably had lost all of my data – and that is why you didn’t recommend doing that in the manual’s instructions.
But, I plugged it back in and re-installed the battery and – boom – everything started working again. The inside unit worked again. I am so thankful.
Just wondering if you have a hint at what went wrong and if there is something I can do to prevent it from happening in the future.
Be the first to post a reply!