If you are not receiving a signal from the sensor (models 592TX / 592TXR), or the temperature is flashing, showing dashes, or stuck, the unit may be experiencing wireless interference. Perform a hard reset to gain a strong connection between the units.
Perform a hard reset:
- Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors and position them side by side.
- Remove all batteries from the sensor.
- Remove all power from the display unit.
- Wait 1 minute to ensure that any remaining battery power has discharged from both units.
- Inside each battery compartment you'll find an A-B-C switch, be sure these match each other. You may also want to try changing to a different setting.
- Reinstall batteries in outdoor sensor first.
- Reinstall batteries (and/or connect AC adapter) in display last.
- Let units sit within a couple feet of each other for 5 minutes to ensure a wireless signal is received.
*The display should receive the signal within several minutes.
- After a connection has been established you may place the sensor outdoors.
*If the signal connection fails after the units are separated try a new location for the display unit, the sensor or both.
Read more about wireless interference and extending the wireless range here: http://www.acurite.com/wireless-signal-range
If the issue continues please call AcuRite Customer Support at 877-221-1252. Thank you! Have a great day.