Mike – I had the same, exact issue you describe and I found a solution a few days ago (I think). The issue WAS NOT with the 5-in-1 sensor failing to transmit.
The separate wall display unit, which sits in another room from the Access unit, was receiving the 5-in-1 data transmission just fine without skipping a beat, so it seemed reasonable the 5-in-1 unit was not where the issue was. I also noticed that as I tried to add additional sensors on to the MyAcurite account for Access to monitor, the Access unit could not recognize them unless I first had the new sensors sitting directly next to Access – and then after installing the new sensors in their permanent area, Access could no longer “hear” them, and they too would start throwing “No Signal Received” emails.
Up until a few days ago, I had my Access unit sitting next to my home computer’s CPU tower, so I tried an experiment by moving the Access around and away from the CPU. After I moved the Access unit about 3-4 feet away from the CPU, the “No Signal Received” emails ceased, and the data stream Access reports to MyAcurite account have been uninterrupted.
To my thinking, it seems the CPU was throwing out a lot of RF noise that was drowning out any data transmissions getting to the Access unit. After moving the Access unit away from the CPU, it now seems that it can clearly “hear” all the sensors and there are no longer any dreaded “No Signal Received” emails.
Acurite doesn’t seem to have a very elaborate error code system that notifies you by email when there is a problem. It could be the sensor batteries are bad, sensor is out of range or weak signal, or that the Access unit itself just can’t hear the sensors. This is where an email error code stating “Access RF Interference” would be nice, but you have to play detective and figure it out. But as I said, in my case, it was obviously a lot of RF interference from a CPU tower.
In your case, make sure the Access isn’t sitting nearby any large electronic devices... I think you’ll find that is the major culprit for what’s going on. Good Luck!
Please Accurite make this a standard answer....
You must put the Access in a DMZ on your router so it is directly exposed to the internet. I did his 6 weeks ago and have not had 1 loss of signal since.
Simple to do.
Set up the Access with a permenant IP address
Find DMZ settings on your router
Put the IP address of the Access in the DMZ
Save your settings
Back up your settings in case of a reset of your router
- 336 Conversations
- 393 Followers