I have just setup my 5 in 1 weather station and have connected the smart hub to both My Acurite and WU and found that the Peak Wind is not being reported on the smart hub sites. I do see a lot of questions on wind gusts, but in looking at the Console CSV it does not appear that the Peak Wind is being sent.
Can you please give me a technical understanding on how the 3 devices are reporting & what the values are from the Smart Hub vs the Console CSV and how this compares – from the manual I got for the Console / CSV reporting:
- Wind Speed is the current wind speed in 18 second increments on the console - is this a snap within the 18 seconds or the highest value?
- Wind Speed in the Console CSV is being reported 12 Minutes – is this the highest value in the 12 minutes?
- Wind Speed sent from the Smart Hub is sent every 18 seconds is this the same as on the Console display?
- Average Wind – the console shows the average wind over 2 minutes from the manual.
- Average Wind – to CSV is every 12 minutes and 18 seconds to the Smart Hub, is this the running 2 minute average calculated at the time?
- Peak Wind – the Console has this the peak wind within 60 minutes.
- Peak Wind – what is the interval for the CSV file, it appears it might be the 60 minute peak since some of the values are the same for 5 12 minute periods and some change more frequent.
- Peak Wind – smart Hub, this seems to be missing since it is not on the My Acurite data download.
Below are pictures of today’s data from the Console CSV, My Acurite and WU and we did get a 12.43 Peak Wind in the console CSV, but that was not recorded from the Smart Hub devices.
This is from the Console CSV file.
This is the data downloaded from the My Acurite site and the max Wind speed is 9, which is seen in the graphs. The seems to be the Wind Speed values from the CSV / Console and not the Peak Wind values.
This is from WU same as My Acurite for the same period, doe not have the 12 and 10 mph Peak values.