We apologize for the issue that has been occurring. When attempting to sync the unit be sure you have followed the steps as laid out below.
Before proceeding with the reset, please check your batteries. We recommend that the batteries meet the following criteria:
• Verify you are using standard alkaline batteries such as Rayovac or Energizer.
• Verify that you are using a fresh set of batteries. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out. Batteries can lose 3% of their power or more every year in storage.
1. Bring both the collector and the display unit indoors and position them side by side.
2. Remove all batteries from both the collector and the display unit.
3. Locate the A-B-C ID switch inside each battery compartment. Make sure that the two parts are set to the same position. Please change both parts to the next available letter on the ID switch, as this can help to reset the unit. (Inside the battery compartment, you will see a small, white sticker with a 4-digit number. Please let us know this number.)
4. Reinstall batteries in outdoor collector first.
5. Reinstall batteries to the display last.
6. Let both collector and display sit side by side to establish connection. (This would be indicated by a rain reading of 0.00" shown on the display.)
7. After a connection has been established, the collector can be placed outdoors.
If you are continuing to have further issues, please phone AcuRite Customer Support at 877-221-1252.