Temperature reads 3 degrees F. It is about 40 degrees in acuality. This unit is the 01021/06047. It was set up 10 minutes ago and per instructions. Is there something I can do or is this unit defective?
Hello Randy, Please verify you are using the battery recommendations and try the troubleshooting steps below with all three parts of this bundle. Let us know if you continue to read inaccurate temperature. Thank you.
•Verify you are using fresh alkaline batteries or lithium batteries (when temperature is below -4°F/-20°C) in sensor.
•Quality brand batteries are recommended, including Duracell, Rayovac, Energizer, or Kirkland.
•Verify batteries are fresh. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out. Batteries can lose 3% power or more every year in storage.
•Heavy duty, extra strength or generic / store brand batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the way these types of batteries disperse power. Each battery should not exceed 1.6 volts.
•Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the voltage instability of these types of batteries.
•Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
- Bring both units side by side and remove all batteries, unplug display if it has an ac adapter
- Change the ABC Switch to a different setting and ensure that both are on the same setting. example - If on A, move both to C
- Place batteries into the outdoor sensors first
- Place batteries into display
- Allow units to sit side by side until they connect.