• 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Is there a screen of some sort to put over it?
Photo of BobEsMd


  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of George D. Nincehelser

George D. Nincehelser

  • 6747 Posts
  • 1249 Reply Likes
What you need to install is something commonly called "bird spikes" that make the rim of your gauge bowl an unattractive perch.

I don't think there's a pre-made set for Acurite products, but they're pretty easy to make by hand.  Plastic zip ties seem to work well.

See photo to get a general idea of what I'm talking about for a generic rain gauge.

Photo of AcuRite Jennifer

AcuRite Jennifer

  • 11801 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes

Hi Bob,

To confirm what George said, we do not currently have any add on to our products. If you do need further assistance please contact AcuRite customer support at 877-221-1252. Thank you. Have a great day!