I just took my weather station out of the book. Put lithium batteries in the 5-in-1 model # 06014RM then put batteries in the display model #06016RM. The display says searching for sensors and then gives up because it can't find it. I've tried multiple times and nothing works. Right now they are both sitting on the table, not sure what to try next.
Please verify you are following the battery guidelines below:
- Verify you are using fresh alkaline batteries or lithium batteries (when temperature is below -4oF/-20oC) in sensor.
- Quality brand batteries are recommended, including Duracell, Rayovac, Energizer, or Kirkland.
- Verify batteries are fresh. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out. Batteries can lose 3% power or more every year in storage.
- Heavy duty, extra strength or generic / store brand batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the way these types of batteries disperse power. Each battery should not exceed 1.6 volts.
- Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the voltage instability of these types of batteries.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
Once you are following the battery guidelines, try the reset steps below. This should pair the sensor and display together:
Perform a hard reset:
- Bring both the sensor and display unit indoors side by side.
- Remove batteries from the sensor.
- Remove batteries from the display unit and unplug the AC adapter (if applicable).
- Wait 1 minute to ensure any remaining battery power is discharged from both units.
- Make sure the A-B-C ID code switch on both units match.
*Sometimes changing to a different ID code can help.
- Reinstall batteries in outdoor sensor first.
- Reinstall batteries in display unit second.
- Let the units sit within a couple feet of each other for 20 minutes to ensure a wireless signal is received.
* The display should receive the signal within several minutes.
- After a connection has been established you may place the sensor outdoors.
*If the signal connection fails after the units are separated try a new or different location for the display unit, the sensor or both.
If you need further assistance please contact AcuRite Customer Support at 877-221-1252. Thank you. Have a great day!
- 343 Conversations
- 405 Followers