So, I thought I'd delete my sensor then reinstall it. NOT a great idea, although I think it helped me figure out what's going on. After deleting it, the ACCESS no longer see's the 5-in-1... I have set them 3 feet apart and it show's back up. My conclusion the new ACCESS has the range of an arms length. I'd go back to my bridge but I can't get it to register any longer. AcuRite has suckered us all in to buying something far inferior to what we had. Just my opinion...
1. to reset the "Access" router - disconnect the Cat-5 and withpower connected push the reset button and hold it until the light turns blue before releasing it.
2. Start with the Access monitor connected to your internet router and the 5-in-1 sensors within 5' of each other.
3. Something I did although I'm not sure if it makes a differece, I set the access IP address to static on my internet router.
4. Follow the instructions received with your Access router for registering it with AcuRite dashboard settings.
5. If sharing with WU. make sure the tick box is checked and you enter your KTX address and password then save.
6. At that point I unplugged power from the access then the cat 5 cable. Since I use a repeater to get closer to my sensors I relocated the ACCESS and sensor to the repeater. I then plugged in the cat-5 to the repeater then the power. After seeing that everythig was working I then installed the sensors back outside.
So far EVERYTHING is updating and working (my fingers are crossed. (I'm using channel C on my 5-in-1 and LCD display).
Hope This helps someone out there and that it KEEPS working...
- 293 Conversations
- 826 Followers