I bought the Access, but it did not receive all of the signals from my 4 devices as well as the Hub did. I removed it and was going to send back until I read this message. Now I am stuck with a product that does not work as well as the older product. What are the options for correcting this issue?
Are you losing connectivity or is it a matter of signal strength? In my situation my Access sits next to my SmartHUB and based on the splash screen display, the Access signal strength on the same devices is one number higher than the same devices as displayed on the SmartHUB splash screen. In addition my Access is receiving two other 5-in-1 units that belong to my neighbors. The SmartHUB only sees one of those two and it's marginal on connectivity to the one it sees. The SmartHUB is more directional than the Access, so in one case from a directional standpoint it could be better in some circumstances. The Access is obviously more omni-directional to me which gives it better performance in my situation. I'm assuming you tried to reposition the Access to see if you could better your reception?
Strange, I am running my access alongside the old hub and there are 2 of the sensors that are positioned far enough away that the old hub consistently has weak or no signal, but the new access gets great signal from all 7 sensors. Try repositioning the access and if that doses work maybe its defective.
I had lots of trouble with signal strength on the SH and sent lots of feedback and various testing that I performed on it. When I was part of the Access Beta, I re-performed many of the signal strength tests I did originally and found the Access to be better (and I was running the old SH in parallel). I would power it down (AC power along with batteries and the Ethernet cable....). then power back up and see how your reception is.