00621A2 has no signal stength

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Lose of signal strength between base and remote. I have put in brand new Ray o Vac batteries. Done several resets. Units communicates fine with full signal strength when sitting within a few feet. As soon as I move remote outside it loses signal even if they are less then two feet apart through a 6 inch wood stud structure, drywall and vinyl siding. Not sure what else to do.
Photo of Karl

Karl

  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 weeks ago

  • 1
Photo of Karl

Karl

  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is this such a big problem that we just ignore it now?
Photo of John Z

John Z

  • 895 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
Karl,
Any chance your home was built with foil-backed insulation? That would bring signals to a full stop.
Photo of Jim Ace

Jim Ace

  • 157 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Now that's funny.  LOL 
Photo of John Z

John Z

  • 895 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
? Jim, what is funny here to you?

Some construction materials are big problems for radio signals. Stucco (metal lathe), rebar concrete block, foil insulation all severely or completely attenuate signals. Foil backed insulation is a premium material used for energy conservation. It is not often found, mostly in newer homes.
Photo of Jim Ace

Jim Ace

  • 157 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
If it was fine with the old hub and not with Access and they are in the same locations,  I think the problem is access.  The house construction did not change, access was the only change.  Do we have to camp outside for it to work?
Photo of John Z

John Z

  • 895 Posts
  • 186 Reply Likes
Jim, nowhere does Karl mention either smartHub or Access. Look up the 00621 on KBase.
Photo of Karl

Karl

  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No foil. LaCrosse works just fine
Photo of Dennis

Dennis

  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So I was having massive drop outs on my Access, i would power cycle it, moved it 6 feet from my router and even did a restart by web GUI. I noticed that the UTC time would be off by minutes (behind) when this happened. So i set my router to have the Access IP to be a DMZ so it would have a direct line to the internet. It has only been 2 hours but the Access immediately found the time and signal when I did this and is still on the right time. I have fiber with a direct cat 5 to the router, Netgear 6700, so I felt it was something to do with the router blocking a time check from the Access.
Hope this helps.