The screen does not come on, even with a new battery. It was working all these times until now. Please advise.
I am sorry to hear the display is not coming on. Please make sure you are using the following guidelines for batteries.
- Verify you are using fresh alkaline batteries (or lithium batteries in sensor (when applicable) when temperature is below -4oF/-20oC).
- Verify you are using name brand batteries (ex. Duracell Coppertop, Rayovac, Energizer).
- Verify batteries are fresh. The battery expiration date should be at least 6 years out. Batteries can lose 3% power or more every year in storage.
- Heavy duty, extra strength or generic / store brand batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the way these types of batteries disperse power.
- Rechargeable batteries are not recommended for use with AcuRite products because they may cause performance irregularities due to the voltage instability of these types of batteries.
- Mixing different battery types (brands, old/new, etc.) is not recommended.
If the display is still not working please contact customer support at 877-221-1252.